When WhatsApp launched their WhatsApp web feature in the year 2015, it completely changed the game. The ability to easily share messages, pictures, and files without constantly having to switch between your mobile and your computer made WhatsApp the most used messaging app. Let us know in detail what exactly is WhatsApp web, the services it offers to the user and how can you use WhatsApp web on your device.
Benefits of WhatsApp web
The success and popularity of WhatsApp web is due to its several user-friendly features
• Whatsapp web provides users with the ease and convenience of WhatsApp texting on a laptop or a computer.
• Users can directly download the WhatsApp media and file onto their device, thus, saving their time.
• WhatsApp web is automatically synced with the WhatsApp on your phone, so every message exchanged on the web shows in your phone as well.
• Whatsapp web is compatible with all types of browsers.
• You can log in and out of the WhatsApp web anytime.
• You don’t need to download the app on your device.
How to use WhatsApp web
Now you must be thinking that using WhatsApp web must be tricky, but it’s not. You can easily log in to the WhatsApp web on your device, which can be a laptop, computer or even a tab. Here is a step by step guide on how to use the WhatsApp web.
• Open WhatsApp web, www.whatsappweb.com on a browser on your device.
• Open WhatsApp on your phone and click on the three dots present on the right corner of your mobile screen.
• The settings option will be opened and you will see a “Whatsapp web” option.
• Click on the WhatsApp web and it will lead to the QR scanner.
• Scan the QR code on the WhatsApp web and you will be logged in.
• Your mobile WhatsApp messages and media files will be synced automatically on to the WhatsApp web.
• You can simultaneously use the WhatsApp web and WhatsApp on your mobile. Any messages exchanged and media transferred through one device will be shown on the other as well.
Can you log out from the WhatsApp web once you are done using it?
Of course, you can! Logging out of the WhatsApp web on your device is as easy as logging in. You can either directly log out from the WhatsApp web by clicking the three dots in the top right corner of your device’s screen and click on the logout option.
Let’s say, you were using WhatsApp web on your work computer and forgot to log out. That can put you in privacy risk, as your WhatsApp messages contain personal as well as important and confidential messages. Well, you don’t have to worry at all. You can log out of the WhatsApp web from WhatsApp on your mobile.
• Click the settings option, the three dots, in the top right corner.
• Click on the “WhatsApp web” option
• You will see all your active sessions here. Scroll down to the logout option.
• You will be logged out from the WhatsApp web on your device’s browser.